Bespoke and made-to-order cat collars from Cheshire & Wain
Cheshire & Wain launched in 2013 with our founding product: a luxury leather cat collar incorporating a breakaway safety buckle where other companies use elastic. We were frustrated and concerned about the lack of high quality cat collars available that were actually safe for cats to wear and so we decided to do some more digging. During our research we read some horror stories about elasticated collars injuring cats and we didn't find one leather cat collar which used a breakaway catch as its safety feature. There was only one thing for it: we decided to design one from scratch ourselves!
Over the last two years we have sent Cheshire & Wain luxury collars to cats all over the world, we have named a collar range after some of our fancy feline clientele and we have been commissioned to make one-off bespoke cat collars. Not all our customers know that we offer this service so the following article gives more information about getting an extra special collar made to your specifications.
Below are some examples of bespoke collars we have made for fancy felines.
1 & 2. Cream leather collar with natural suede lining and 24 carat gold plated heart ID tag - script style engraving to Romeo.
3. Purple leather collar with matching purple stitching, un-dyed leather lining for Sparky.
4. Rose-gold metallic, flecked leather with suede lining and silver hardware for Eve.
5. Caviar grain leather with burgundy suede lining and 24 carat gold-plated fish ID tag for Ghost.
6. Embossed orange leather with burgundy suede, silver hardware and contrasting white stitching for Marmaduke.
BESPOKE ORDER PROCESS
If you would like to discuss a made-to-order collar with us. Please contact us through the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you are looking for.
You can choose:
- the outer leather colour and type
- the lining colour
- Petite or Standard size, or a made to measure size (if you cat is outside the sizing we offer)
- whether you want suede or smooth leather lining
- the colour of the stitching,
- whether you want gold or silver coloured hardware
- extra embellishments such as an ID tag with special font.
If you are looking for something very specific then we are able to advise on what can be made and sourced for your bespoke order. The things which are intrinsic to the design cannot be changed (this includes the safety catch type and colour, the buckle type and the way the collar is handmade and put together).
- Your bespoke collar order will be discussed over email.
- We are here to advise on colours, leather type and the design of your bespoke cat collar and can help if you have any special requirements or concerns.
- We love receiving pictures of your cat(s). This helps us to recommend colours that will compliment your cat's fur and eye colour. Even if you don't require custom collar we still over a free email consultation if you are unsure what collar to choose from the current range - simple get in touch!.
PRICING & PAYMENT
- Bespoke collars start at £80 ($125).
- The final price depends on your specific requirements but we will advise once your specifications have been decided.
- We require a 50% deposit before we can start to make your cat's new collar.
- If you require something more simple - such as different coloured hardware on a collar in our range there will be no extra cost.
- Payment from international customers must come through the website. We will create a special listing for your bespoke order deposit and then the remaining amount once your collar is ready to ship.
- Payment from UK customers can be made via the website or via bank transfer to Cheshire & Wain. We will send an invoice if you wish to pay via bank transfer.
- Bespoke collars generally take 4-6 weeks to make. This allows time to source the materials required to make your cat's new collar and to book production in our small London studio.
- If you require something more simple - such as different coloured hardware on a collar in our range then the wait will be less. We will advise at the time of your order.
- Cheshire & Wain Customer Services will keep you updated throughout the process of your order. We are available 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have and aim to answer your email within 24 hours.
Please note: All sales of Bespoke collars and tags are final. We are unable to accept returns on any bespoke Cheshire & Wain products.
Please email: email@example.com if you have any questions about our Bespoke Service or refer to our FAQ page.