Cheshire & Wain are on the prowl for a well-organised studio and eCommerce assistant (and cat lover) to join our small team in Bridport (Dorset). You will be in charge of the day-to-day operations and activities at our physical HQ (within St Michael’s Trading Estate) alongside our Founder and you will liaise with our Social Media Manager and PR executive remotely. This is a permanent position in an international and fast-growing cat products and accessories brand with various opportunities to expand your role and responsibilities as you learn the ropes. You will assist with production management, ordering of supplies, marketing and customer experience. You must be quick to learn and keen to pick up new processes as well as create and improve existing ones.
The position includes:
Packing orders, stock management and reporting, managing wholesale accounts (existing and new global clients), invoicing, website updates, listing of new stock and identifying ways to digitally merchandise existing stock, customer services and logistics.
The ideal candidate for this role will be personable, proactive, well-organised, and have exceptional communication skills. Past experience working for an e-commerce brand or within order management and/or using Shopify is preferred but not essential.
- Keeping on top of local and international orders and managing personalisation requests.
- Categorising online orders so they can be managed within our advertised processing times.
- Ensuring all orders are packed and presented beautifully and sent to our customers in a timely manner.
- Surpassing our customers’ expectations so that both clients and their cats are looked after and appreciated.
- Managing stock and packaging levels across B2C and B2B orders and working to notice and predict ordering patterns.
- Working closely with our Founder to drive the business forward by scaling operations in order to move into new markets.
- Managing internal processes when packing and sending wholesale orders to our flagship stockists (Fortnum & Mason, Harrods to name a few).
- Creating and processing invoices and managing cash flow.
- Helping create and develop new marketing initiatives and assets using tools such as Canva, Google Docs and Trello.
- Assisting with all projects to ensure that the day-to-day operations are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Coming up with new processes to organise stock management and ordering of supplies.
- Organising digital assets such as images, website content, catalogues and price lists to ensure files can be found quickly and efficiently.
- Tidying up existing assets by archiving, deleting or rearranging them in Google Drive.
- Keeping on top of emails, customer requests and the online chat during work hours.
- Writing and maintaining a studio and eCommerce Assistant ‘employee’s handbook’ to ensure all processes are documented for ongoing consistency.
- Organised and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
- Keen to work in a fast-paced environment, undertaking a variety of tasks.
- Experience in a similar role and knowledge and/or experience within Shopify is preferred but not essential.
- Confidence using software such as Excel and Google Drive to record, monitor and report.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or Canva to create catalogues, marketing assets and packaging artwork.