This collar cannot be personalised due to a coating or embossed grain on the leather.
Why not pair with a Cheshire & Wain engraved ID tag instead?
When buying your kitty a collar for the first time, it can be tricky to know which size to buy or how to get the best fit. Here at Cheshire & Wain, we’re cat lovers who specialise in creating designer collars – so over the years we’ve come to know a thing or two about fitting your collar and finding the perfect size.
|Kitten||Small Adult||Young Large Breed||Medium Adult||Large Adult|
|Age||4 months - 1 year||1 year +||1-3+ years||1 year +||3 years +|
|C&W Collar Size||Petite||Petite||Standard||Standard||Large|
|Breed Examples||All Breeds ♀♂||Mixed Breed ♀
|British Shorthair ♀♂
Maine Coon ♀♂
Norwegian Forest ♀♂
|Mixed Breed ♀
American Shorthair ♀♂
British Shorthair ♀
Maine Coon ♀
Norwegian Forest ♀♂
Russian Blue ♀♂
Scottish Fold ♂
Siberian Forest ♀♂
|British Shorthair ♂
Maine Coon ♂
Savannah Cats ♀♂
Norwegian Forest ♀♂
Siberian Forest ♂
PLEASE USE THE ABOVE TABLE AS A GUIDE TO FIND YOUR CAT'S COLLAR SIZE. MEASURE YOUR CAT'S NECK TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE SELECTED THE CORRECT SIZE.
Use the below cat collar size chart to double-check your cat's measurement.
- Wrap a tape measure closely around your cat's neck and note down the measurement
- Add 2.5cm/1 inch to this figure to allow the correct amount of space between their neck and the collar for a perfect fit.
- This is your cat's collar size. (If you don't have a tape measure - use a piece of string and a ruler)
If your cat already wears a collar that fits well, you can take it off and measure the inside circumference when it's fastened on the correct hole to find out your cat's neck size.
Cheshire & Wain collars are not suitable for kittens or cats that weigh less than 2.5kgs / 5.5lbs. We advise that your cat is at least 4 months old to wear a Cheshire & Wain collar unattended.
If you're unsure about anything and need further assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch with us for advice.
- This collar is made from luxury leather and suede.
- This beautiful and durable material will adapt with time as the collar comes into contact with the natural oils in your cat’s coat.
- Colour transfer may occur if the collar gets wet but the dye is harmless and temporary.
- The leather may become darker and richer through wear, as it matures with the personality of your feline friend.
- Hardware can be polished with a clean cloth. Brass polish can be used on gold buckles.
- Do not get spot on flea treatments on or near the leather - the chemicals will react with the leather causing discolouration that cannot be reversed.
Standard Shipping (3-7 working days) £3.99 or Free on orders over £80
Shipping with Express Personalisation (1-2 working days from dispatch) £12
Orders to EU Member States
Delivered Duty & Tax Paid via Tracked Courier (3-7 Working Days) | £16*
* Now that the UK has left the EU we will be sending all EU orders DDP. There will be no additional charges for you to pay upon delivery.
International Orders to Europe (non EU) and Rest of World
Express Via DHL (2-5 working days) from £28
Economy Via Royal Mail (7-20 working days) £16
It is the responsibility of all customers outside the European Union to resolve any import taxes or other charges arising from a purchase.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase please contact us within 14 days of receipt of your order to arrange an exchange or return. If your item is damaged in transit or you feel it has a fault - please contact us within 48 hours of receipt of your order to arrange a return.
For further information please see our detailed Shipping & Returns page or our FAQ page.
Handmade in London
Supple Italian & British Leather
Innovative Safety Catch
We take your cat’s safety seriously
All Cheshire & Wain collars incorporate a discreet breakaway catch for your cat’s protection and your peace of mind.
- The original creators of leather safety collars for cats.
- Designed by us, trusted by cat lovers across the world.
- Veterinarian recommended.
- Rigorously tested for tensile strength.
- Designed to break open only when it matters most.
- Beautiful and durable material
- Natural scent
- Patina gets better with age
- Soft, supple and comfortable for your kitty
- Traditional design with solid brass hardware and optional bell
- Handmade in-house at our East London workshop
- Make your cat’s collar extra special with an engraved ID tag
- Strict quality control and attention to detail
- Expert leatherwork
- Beautifully presented in a gift box or special edition tin
You may also like
To be really honest I've not opened the box yet as it's not Sir Dobbys b'day until next week🦁, however I've been purchasing these collars for several years now & always feel 100& happy! Think my 4 boys agree & plan to purchase another for the youngest of the 4 in February😻.